And so (finally) to the next round of Reading Roulette. After a couple of mis-datings and an unavailable (a work by Isaac Crookenden, which turned out to be a chapbook), I landed upon Milistina: or, The Double Interest, an anonymous novel from 1797 of which I have never heard and about which I have been able to find out…absolutely nothing.
So where does that leave us?
- Chronobibliography: Eromena; or, The Noble Stranger by William Chamberlayne (1683) (read but not reviewed)
- Reading Roulette: Milistina: or, The Double Interest by Anonymous (1797)
- Authors In Depth: The Abbey Of Clugny by Mary Meeke (1786) (read but not reviewed)
- Reading Challenge: Madame Margot: A Grotesque Legend Of Old Charleston by John Bennett (1921) (read but not reviewed)
- Group Read: The Law And The Lady by Wilkie Collins (1875) (read but not reviewed)
I’ll get back to you when the panic attack subsides.